For tickets and more information about these Awards and the November 2nd event go to: http://shccnj.org/event/immigrant-entrepreneur-awards.
The Fourth Annual Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards are sponsored by a broad-based coalition of New Jersey chambers, associations and organizations; including American Immigration Lawyers Association NJ Chapter, AJC New Jersey, Asian Indian Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey, Diversity Dynamics, Einstein’s Alley, MIDCED/MidJersey Chamber of Commerce, the Morris County Chamber of Commerce, the New Jersey Chinese-American Chamber of Commerce, the New Jersey Main Street Alliance, the New Jersey Historical Commission, Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce, the Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of New Jersey, and the Union County Latino-American Chamber of Commerce.
The fourth annual New Jersey Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards will be presented on November 2, 2016 from 5:30-8PM at a Statewide Hispanic Chamber reception held at the 5th Floor Conference Center at Bergen Community College at the Meadowlands,1280 Wall Street West, Lyndhurst NJ 07071. Hope you could join us in celebrating their business and community achievements.
The Awards program was created to recognize and honor the past and present contributions of immigrant business owners in the State of New Jersey. According to a recent report by the New American Economy, “Immigrants have consistently demonstrated a strong entrepreneurial spirit and propensity to create new businesses.” New Jersey's immigrant entrepreneurs generated $3.2 billion in business revenue in 2014. Additionally, 35.2 percent of all new businesses in New Jersey from 2007 to 2011 were founded by immigrants.
The awards are named for great New Jersey immigrant entrepreneurs.
The 2016 winners are shown with their country of origin, their businesses and New Jersey town:
- Immigrant Entrepreneur of the Year- 2016 José “Pepe” García, Cuba, Maverick Building Services, Rutherford
- David Sarnoff Award for Advocacy and Community Engagement Marino Posso, Colombia, Advertise IT, Trenton
- Nicolas Marcalus Award for Sustainability Dr. Tavit O. Najarian, Sc.D, Lebanon, Najarian Associates, Eatontown
- George Perrott Macculloch Award for Leadership Meiling Lee Kravarik , China, Nextage M3 Realty , Edison (NJCACC Member)
- Albert Einstein Award for Innovation Dr. V. Balasubramanian, PhD, India, Cabeus, Inc., Princeton
- Caspar Wistar Award for Growth Dennis Zhang, China, 24-7 International LLC, Pine Brook (NJCACC 2016 Honoree)
- Rising Star Entrepreneurial Award Spoothi Kumar, India, Hidden Grounds Coffee Shop, New Brunswick
- Special Award for Immigrant Accomplishment Dr. Jianping Wang, China, President, Mercer County Community College, West Windsor
- Honorable Mentions went to: Leo Cervantes, Mexico, Chilangos Restaurant, Highlands; Juan Carlos Lopez, Colombia, Nema Associates, Linden; and Mario Camino, Ecuador, Arkad Group, Plainfield.
The judges for this year’s Immigrant Entrepreneur Awards were Barry Zhang, CEO of Princetel and winner of the 2015 Nicholas Marcalus Award for Sustainability, Kamran Hashmi, Program Manager at NJ Economic Development Authority, Mark Swingle, International Business Consultant, and Henry Wojtunik, Investor/Entrepreneur.